HIV/AIDS in Rhode Island
- Over 3,000 persons in Rhode Island are infected with HIV/AIDS.
- 91% of HIV/AIDS cases are between the ages of 30-50+ years of age.
- 73% of persons living with HIV/AIDS are male.
- 21% of persons living with HIV/AIDS identify as heterosexual.
- More than one million people are living with HIV in the U.S.
- More than half a million people have died after developing AIDS.
- Every 9.5 minutes someone in the U.S. is diagnosed with HIV.
- Approximately 50,000 people are newly infected with HIV each year in the U.S.
- 21% of people living with HIV are undiagnosed
Statistics in this section are provided by the Center for Disease Control, www.cdc.gov, and The Rhode Island Department of Health, www.health.ri.gov.