Know Your Status…Get Tested
AIDS Care Ocean State provides free, anonymous and confidential HIV testing. We encourage everyone to get tested.
Our testing sites are LGBT and IDU (what’s this?) friendly. Walk-ins are welcome during the Prevention Center hours or you can schedule an appointment.
Rapid Testing 101
- Test method: We use the OraQuick Advance rapid test. It can be done with an oral swab or a finger prick.
- Result time: Test results come back in 20 minutes
- Rapid tests can have 1 of 3 results:
- Non-reactive: no presence of HIV antibodies
- Reactive: HIV antibodies were discovered in your system
- Invalid: the test was faulty and a new test will be given
- Rapid testing is a screening device and cannot diagnose someone as HIV positive.
- If you receive a reactive result, a confirmatory test will be done to detect the HIV virus
Need more info? Email us today.