Title: Executive Director
Reports To: ACOS Board of Directors
Description: Executive Director is directly responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
This is a working manager position. The individual will discover/develop new business opportunities, actively participate in the grant writing/submission process, oversee direct report programs such as housing, residential services and marketing/development, drive community partnership/networking, and be the public face of the agency.
The ideal candidate will have a background in social services and understand the challenges of a non-profit human services organization.
• Assure that the Agency has and makes consistent and timely progress toward a long-range strategy in support of its mission.
• Lead in the development and growth of programs, and organizational and financial plans.
• Promote a healthy and effective work environment in support of the Agency policies and mission, and in compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
• Communicate regularly with the Board of Directors and senior managers to uphold and carry out agreed upon strategic and tactical plans. Maintain a positive bi-directional flow of information with the Board and regularly provide executive reports to the Board and Executive Committee.
• Act as the primary liaison with local, state and federal government agencies, staying well-informed of significant developments and trends, seizing suitable opportunities, managing risk, and advocating for the Agency’s mission.
• Establish, maintain and cultivate sound relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations, as well as with donors, foundations and other support resources.
• Be the public face of ACOS via community networking, public events, fundraising activities, and media publicity.
• Approve the recruitment, selection, employment and release of all personnel, including paid staff, contractors and volunteers.
• Uphold a positive working climate which attracts, retains and motivates a diverse quality staff.
• Discover and explore new business opportunities including programs, housing development and monetary funding streams.
• Strategize the organization’s short and long-range development goals and fundraising plans.
• Develop and maintain sound fiscal practices, including internal controls, budget preparation and operational adherence to budgetary and control guidelines.
• Ensure sound and impartial human resources practices are in place.
• Safeguard that all Agency practices are appropriate, legal and ethical.
• Actively participate in the grant writing/submission process and audits for major grant funders.
• Effectively lead all levels of Agency management, maintaining appropriate transparency of business information and objectives, while promoting a united mission.
• Encourage and support staff development and education.
• Master’s Degree in business, social work or related field
• Minimum of 5 years executive management experience
• Non-profit/CBO experience strongly preferred
• Housing/HUD experience/knowledge
• Proven business/financial administration skills
• Political/networking experience
• Strong leadership skills
• Effective decision making skills
• Multi-tasking/stress tolerance
• Analytical skills/problem solver
• Strategic thinking/visionary
• Proven organizational skills
• Collaborator/relationship builder
• Effective communicator/motivator
• Natural leader
• Impassioned advocate
• Team builder
• Cultural diversity competent
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org